Hey to all our travelfriends 🙂
This past week I have been truely enjoying my trip to a country where I have actually never been and which was also never really on my bucket list. But then somehow I got myself into this and I must say, I am surprised how much I liked it!
So the flight took me from Cologne to Dublin, capital of Ireland 🙂
I must admit, I didn´t plan a lot and didn´t really know a lot about Ireland, it was more like a very spontanious discovery.
On my first day, I explored Dublin a little, just to get an overview. It is actually not such a big city, there are just many many tourists everywhere 🙂
The Irish are very friendly people except maybe for their busses (they nearly ran me over). As I was travelling with a group, we did a city tour together and our guide was awesome, very Irish looking and singing the whole time 🙂
Although I thought that the weather must be bad (stereotyp of Ireland), it has been a sunny week, which was even better since we took a short trip to the sea two times!
So what to do in Ireland/ Dublin:
- city tour (lear about the Irish history and the monuments of Dublin)
- visit the Guinness store house (participate in a beer tasting)
- do an Irish dance lesson (and go to try dancing in a pub)
- go to the Temple bar or any other bar with life music (which you can find everywhere)
- drink a lot of Guinness (if you like it) or enjoy the atmosphere with an other drink in a pub
- eat fish and chips (if you are not vegetarian)
- go hiking in the Wicklow mountains
- go hiking near the cliffs of moher (if you are at the east cost on the cliffs of Howth)
- go to the beach (but I wouldn´t recommend swimming cause the water is very cold)
- visit Trinity college
- go shopping in some cute small shops
- enjoy eating/drinking in one of many cute coffee and eating places
So this is list is what I did during my trip and it is a very nice balance between city and country life.
In Dublin I stayed in a hostel (Jacobs Inn) which was pretty good because you can meet a lot of young people from all over the world and also have a lot of space (big eating room, kitchen for everyone to use, relaxing area and roof top).
Wicklow mountains (with two big lakes):
The Hostel Jacobs Inn:
So now I am back in Germany and soon I´ll be travelling again, in one week actually and you´ll know where my next trip will take me 🙂
Hope you´ll have a great new week and just ask me anything if you have questions about my trip to Ireland 🙂